Walking in the Shadowlands is a nearly-finished book by Clare Worley. It concerns the history of legendary rock group Shadowlands and attempts to answer many of the questions which surround the band.
Clare interviewed each member of the group in the process of putting the book together: guitarist JD Twain (Voted 'The World's Most Gorgeous Guitarist' six times by readers of Pop Smash! magazine); pianist-vocalist and songwriter Liam Byrne; eternally cool bass player Peter Lazini; golden-haired drummer Sam Mascha; the group's roadie-turned-manager Charlie Brown and most sensationally, ex-member turned solo star Rosalie Cochran.
Here at Shadowlands Music we'll be posting articles about the band from throughout their long career, from early pop magazine fluff to in-depth interviews and album reviews - yup, even The Gate - and maybe answering some of the questions bothering fans and critics across their amazing forty-year career.
- Why did the group cancel so many dates in 1988?
- Did the Magnum Incident in Miami really happen?
- Is Pete Lazini as tough as he looks?
- Why did Rosalie Cochran leave so abruptly in 1979?
- Did the group really parade naked through Stevenage Town Centre after their triumphant Knebworth gig?
- The Gate: what the hell were they thinking?